1. How to choose a suitable hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) for different purposes?
The application of putty powder: the requirements are low, the viscosity is 100,000, it is enough, the important thing is to keep the water well. Application of mortar: high requirements, high viscosity, 150,000 is better. Application of glue: instant products are required with high viscosity.
2. HPMC is non-ionic cellulose ether, so what is non-ionic?
In layman's terms, non-ions are substances that do not ionize in water. Ionization refers to the process by which an electrolyte is dissociated into free-moving charged ions in a specific solvent (such as water, alcohol). For example, the salt we eat every day, sodium chloride (NaCl), dissolves in water and ionizes to produce freely moving sodium ions (Na+) that are positively charged and chloride ions (Cl) that are negatively charged. That is, when HPMC is placed in water, it does not dissociate into charged ions, but exists in the form of molecules.
3. What is the gel temperature of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose related to?
The gel temperature of HPMC is related to its methoxy group content, the lower the methoxy group content↓, the higher the gel temperature↑
4. How to judge the quality of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) simply and intuitively?
(1) Whiteness: Although whiteness cannot determine whether HPMC is easy to use, and if a brightener is added in the production process, it will affect its quality. However, most of the good products have good whiteness.
(2) Fineness: The fineness of HPMC is generally 80 mesh and 100 mesh, and 120 mesh is less. Jinan Maissen New Material Co.,Ltd is one of the leading Cellulose Ether(HPMC/MHEC) and redispersible polymer powder(RDP) manufacturer in China. Most of the HPMC produced by Maissen is 100 mesh. The finer the fineness, the better.
(3) Specific gravity: the larger the specific gravity, the heavier the better. The specific gravity is large, generally because the hydroxypropyl content in it is high, and the hydroxypropyl content is high, the water retention is better.
5. What is the odor of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC)?
The HPMC produced by the solvent method uses toluene and isopropanol as solvents. If the washing is not very good, there will be some residual taste.
6. What should be paid attention to in practical application of the relationship between viscosity and temperature of HPMC?
The viscosity of HPMC is inversely proportional to temperature, that is, the viscosity increases with decreasing temperature. The viscosity of a product we usually say refers to the result of the test of its 2% aqueous solution at a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius.
In practical applications, in areas with large temperature difference between summer and winter, it should be noted that it is recommended to use a relatively lower viscosity in winter, which is more conducive to construction. Otherwise, when the temperature is low, the viscosity of cellulose will increase, and the hand will feel heavy when scraping.
For more information, please contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whats App+86 16600231114.
Article editing：Easen Hao
Copyright © Jinan Maissen New Material Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap | Technical Support: