As a widely used additive in building materials, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose - HPMC is mainly used for water retention, thickening and improving the compatibility of finished products, and water retention is one of the core indicators for you to choose high quality HPMC.
1. One of the main benefits of HPMC's water retention ability is the ability to improve the stability and shelf life of formulations. For example, in the pharmaceutical industry, HPMC is used to encapsulate tablets and capsules to prevent them from breaking down and becoming less effective over time. the water retention properties of HPMC also make it useful when formulating creams, lotions and gels, as it helps maintain the consistency and texture of the product.
2. In addition to enhancing stability, HPMC's ability to retain water can affect the performance of formulations in other ways. For example, in food applications, HPMC can be used to improve the texture and mouthfeel of products, as well as to control the release of flavors and aromas. In cosmetics, HPMC can be used to improve the spread and smoothness of products and provide a protective barrier for the skin.
1. the amount of HPMC, its water retention performance is directly proportional to the amount added. The amount of HPMC in building materials on the market varies by quality. Take the high quality HPMC produced by Mellutel ® Cellulose Ether as an example, it is generally added in bonding, plastering, anti-cracking mortar, etc. The general amount added is 2~2.5 KG / MT, the amount added for putty, etc. is between 2~4.5 KG/MT, tile adhesive is between 3.5~4 KG/MT, and the amount of tile grout is between 0.3~1 KG/MT, depending on the construction method, the gap width and slurry fineness, the self-leveling mortar is between 0.2~0.6 KG/MT and ETICS is between 4~7 KG/MT. Within this range, the more HPMC is added, the better the water retention performance.
2. Influence of construction environment. Air humidity, temperature, wind pressure, wind speed and other factors will affect the evaporation rate of water in cement mortar and gypsum-based products. The water retention rate of the same product will vary in different seasons and regions, but in general, the temperature has a great influence on the water retention rate, so there is a view in the market: the higher the gel temperature of HPMC, the higher the water retention rate. -High quality product with high water retention, Mellutel ® Cellulose Ether produces high quality HPMC with a gel temperature that far exceeds that of similar products.
3. cellulose ether-HPMC production process and viscosity. high quality HPMC produced by Mellutel® Cellulose Ether has very good homogeneity. Its methoxy and hydroxypropoxy groups are uniformly distributed along the cellulose molecular chain, which can increase the oxygen atoms on the hydroxyl and ether bonds with water. The ability of hydrogen bonding turns free water into bound water, thus effectively controlling water evaporation and achieving high water retention.
4. When the viscosity of HPMC increases, the water retention rate also increases, and the viscosity reaches a certain level, the water retention rate increases. It tends to be flat.
If you want to know more information about HPMC, please contact us. We will provide professional answers.
Copyright © Jinan Maissen New Material Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap | Technical Support: